Below you will find information on what “cookies” are, what type of cookies this website uses, how you can disable cookies in your browser, how to specifically disable the installation of third-party cookies. If you do not find the specific information you are looking for, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are cookies and what are they used for?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the User’s device when accessing certain content on websites, electronic media and/or applications. Cookies allow an application or website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a User or their equipment and, depending on the information they contain and the way they use their device, they can be used to recognise the User.
Cookies are safe in that they can only store information used by the browser, information that the user has entered in the browser or information that is included in the page request.
Some cookies are strictly necessary for the proper functioning of a website and/or application and cannot contain viruses or damage your device.
Others are used for various purposes, such as to facilitate navigation between pages and/or applications, to store the user’s preferred language, to remember user preferences, or to detect whether you have visited previously.
Cookies are essential to the functioning of Internet, providing countless advantages in the delivery of interactive services, facilitating navigation and interaction. Cookies cannot harm your computer and having them enabled helps to identify and resolve potential errors.
What types of cookies are used in Foxize?
2.1. 2.1. Depending on the entity that manages them, the cookies used can be classified as follows:
- (i) Own Cookies: these are Cookies that are sent to your device and managed exclusively by us for the better functioning of FOXIZE. The information collected is used to improve the quality of our service and your user experience.
- (ii) Third-party cookies: these are cookies deposited by a server in another domain, with the authorisation of the site you are visiting (for example, when you click on social media buttons or watch videos hosted on another website or application). We cannot access data stored in cookies from other websites or applications when you browse those websites or applications. In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by FOXIZE but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
2.2. 2.2. Depending on the period of time they remain active, a distinction can be made between the following cookies:
- (i) Session cookies: these are temporary files that remain in the browser’s cookie history until you leave the Website or applications, so they are not recorded on the hard drive of the user’s computer or mobile device. The data obtained by these cookies is used to analyse traffic patterns and data communication. They provide a better experience to improve the content and make it easier to use.
- (ii) Persistent cookies: these are stored on the hard drive and are read by the Website and applications each time a new visit is made. Despite its name, a persistent cookie has a fixed expiry date. The cookie will stop working after that date. They are generally used to facilitate the different services offered by websites and applications.
2.3. 2.3. Depending on the purpose of the cookie:
- Registration cookies: When the user registers on FOXIZE, cookies are generated that identify him/her as a registered user and indicate when he/she has logged on to the website.
These cookies are used to identify the user account and its associated services. These cookies remain as long as the user does not leave the account, close the browser or turn off the device.
- Analytical cookies: Cookies may be used in combination with analytical data to identify individual user preferences in FOXIZE.
- Performance cookies: these cookies retain user preferences for certain tools or services so that you do not have to set them each time you visit FOXIZE and, in some cases, may be provided by third parties. Examples are: volume of audio-visual players, item sorting preferences or supported video playback speeds.
- Other third-party cookies: third-party cookies may be installed on some of our pages to manage and improve the services they offer. An example of this use is links to social networks that allow our content to be shared.
How can the user block or delete cookies?
The user can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on their computer by configuring the options of their internet browser. In the event that these are blocked, certain services that require their use may not be available to the user.
The following links provide users with information on how to activate their preferences in the main browsers:
- Internet Explorer: Tools – Internet Options – Privacy – Settings.
For more information, you can consult Microsoft support or browser Help.
- Firefox: Tool Options – Privacy History – Custom Settings.
For more information, you can consult Mozilla support or the browser’s Help.
- Chrome: Settings – Show advanced options – Privacy content settings.
For more information, you can consult Google support or the browser Help.
- Safari: Security Preferences
Users may withdraw their previously granted consent to the installation of cookies at any time by deleting the cookies installed on their device by configuring their browser options, as indicated in the “revocation and deletion of cookies” section. However, this may impact the functionality of the Website or the applications used by the User, making the User’s experience less satisfactory.